Leonard Omullo Orondo – Dir. Natural Resource
Key responsibilities & Functions
- Undertake a national baseline study on natural resources in the formal and traditional tenure systems and the legitimate Land right holders.
- Identify and map out key resource use conflict hot spots, causes of such conflicts, and opportunities to mitigate them.
- Identification and analysis of policy, institutional, technological, socio-economic barriers to sustainable Land management in Kenya.
- Work closely with partners to conduct economic valuation of key natural resources and apply results to improved natural resource management strategies.
- Ensure that Land use planning and administration are consistent with their existing obligations under national, regional and International Laws, treaties and protocols, including multilateral Environmental Agreements (UNCBD, UNCCD, and UNFCCC).